Operator: Barrick Gold Corporation

Location: Sanchez Ramirez, Dominican Republic

Stream: 7.5% Payable Gold until 990,000 ounces delivered, 3.75% thereafter; and 75% Payable Silver until 50,000,000 ounces delivered, 37.5% thereafter

Term of Stream: Life of Mine

Pueblo Viejo is an open-pit gold mine owned by a joint venture in which Barrick Gold Corporation (“Barrick”) holds a 60% interest (and is the operator) and Newmont Corporation holds the remaining 40% interest. The mine is located in the central part of the Dominican Republic in the province of Sánchez Ramírez.

Pueblo Viejo achieved commercial production in January 2013 and completed its ramp-up to full initial design capacity in 2014, with a further expansion in the final stages of completion. Pueblo Viejo consists of two main open-pits, Moore and Monte Negro, plus a smaller satellite pit, Cumba, and is mined by conventional truck-and-shovel methods. The Pueblo Viejo ore is refractory and consists primarily of gold and silver associated with pyrite. 

Whole ore (i.e. not subjected to flotation) and flotation concentrate is fed to the autoclaves for pressure oxidation and subsequently treated in a carbon-in-leach (CIL) circuit. Flotation tailing (not autoclaved) is sent to a new CIL circuit. Carbon acid wash, elution, electrowinning and smelting produces gold and silver doré bars. The processing plant design capacity is 38,000 tonnes per day.